Mere Town Council
Town Clerk – Mrs. L. C. Wood
Phone: 01747 860701
7th October 2020
Mere Town Council meeting – Monday, 12th October 2020 at 6.00 pm online at Zoom.us
This meeting will be held in accordance with s.78 of the Coronavirus Act 2020, The Local Authorities Police and Crime Panels (Coronavirus) (Flexibility of Local Authorities and Crime Panels Meetings) (England and Wales) Regulations 2020.
The 2020 Regulations enable local councils to hold remote meetings (including by video and telephone conferencing) for a specified period until May 2021.
Due to the current government coronavirus response, the Town Council will be meeting online. Members of the public who wish to join the meeting to submit their questions or comments under ‘Public Session’ should contact the Clerk in advance of the meeting via email on email@example.com. The Clerk will then send out the meeting ID and passcode.
Online Meeting Arrangements
The Chairman will host the meeting, attendees will be muted and councillors invited to speak in turn at each agenda item. Councillors may raise their hand to indicate that they wish to speak at other times. Voting will be taken in turn as directed by the Chairman and should be by the response ‘In Favour’, ‘Against’ or ‘Abstain’, The decision and summary of votes will be read back before moving to the next item.
- Public Session
Members of the public are invited to address the Council on any issue over which it has a power. This session will be limited to 15 minutes (3 minutes per speaker). The Chairman will convene the Town Council meeting after the public session (please note that once the meeting has been convened members of the public are no longer permitted to speak unless invited to do so by the Chairman).
Please Note: By entering the meeting room you are consenting to the use of your name being recorded in the Minutes. The meeting may also be recorded by the press or members of the public. Any person or organisation choosing to film, record or broadcast any meeting of the Council or its committees is responsible for any claims or other liability resulting from them so doing and by choosing to film, record or broadcast proceedings they accept that they are required to indemnify the Council, its members and officers in relation to any such claims or liabilities.
- Apologies – To receive any apologies for absence and to note/consider the reasons for the absence.
- To receive declarations of interest from members and to consider requests for new DPI dispensations.
Members are invited to declare disclosable pecuniary interests and other interests in items on the agenda as required by the Mere Town Council Code of Conduct for Members and by the Localism Act 2011.
(a) To receive Declarations of Interest relating to matters contained in this agenda, in accordance with the provisions of the Local Government Act 1972 in respect of officers and the Localism Act 2011 in respect of members.
(b) To consider any dispensation requests received by the Town Clerk.
- a) Applications: (All applications can be viewed on Wiltshire Council’s website http://planning.wiltshire.gov.uk/Northgate/PlanningExplorer/ApplicationSearch.aspx – and type in the relevant application number)
|Application for:||Outline Planning|
|Proposal:||Demolition of the existing buildings and the erection of up to 70 dwellings.|
|At:||Beaumont Business Park, Woodlands Road, Mere. BA12 6BT|
|Application for:||Full Planning|
|Proposal:||Replace garden sheds with new garden shed|
|At:||The Chantry, Church Street, Mere. BA12 6DS|
- Future meetings and agenda items
Note: Members are reminded that the Town Council has a general duty to consider the following matters in the exercise of any of its functions: Equal Opportunities (race, gender, sexual orientation, marital status and any disability), Crime and Disorder, Health and Safety and Human Rights.
*Further information on these items enclosed/attached
MERE PEACE MEMORIAL SPORTS AND RECREATION GROUND
Registered Charity No. 1093497
Members of Mere Town Council are sole trustees of Mere Peace Memorial Sports & Recreation Ground Charity (Mere Recreation Ground Charity).
For Trustees to consider:
- Plans to demolish and rebuild Mere Youth Development Centre in Recreation Ground. To comment on plans as drawn up by architect (attached).
- Confirmation that the Recreation Ground Charity has agreed to grant a new 25-year lease to Seeds4Success with a clause to allow sub-lets to other non-profit organisations with the Mere Ward area.
- Confirmation approval that a joint project team has been formed of six people divided equally between Mere Recreation Ground Charity and Seeds4Success
- To open a project bank account called ?????? . This will be set up by the project team and managed by the project team who will arrange the necessary auditing. Signatories will be?????.
- To agree that the above account be used to pay architects fees, planning fees, surveyors fees, project managers fees and project construction and material charges. The account will also be used to receive grant money and any donations that are given towards the project.
- The project team will prepare the planning application which is to be submitted in the name of Mere Recreation Ground Charity (as owners of the building/land).
- The project team will apply for and prepare all grant funding applications which will be in the name of Mere Recreation Ground Charity. Therefore, all applications will be signed by the Chairman of Mere Recreation Ground Charity.
- A minimum of three quotations will be obtained for the project. It is anticipated that the project costs will be somewhere in the region:
9. Project timescale:
- Planning – End of December 2020
- Building quotations in by End of January 2021
- Fundraising starts 1st January 2021
- Construction starts April 2021 – September 2021