Mere Town Council
Town Clerk – Mrs. L. C. Wood
Phone: 01747 860701
1st October 2020
Your attendance is requested for a meeting of the Town Council to be held on Monday, 5th October 2020 at 6.00 p.m. at Duchy Manor, Springfield Road, Mere, BA12 6EW (the meeting may be held inside with restrictions or outside subject to weather conditions)
Town Clerk & RFO
- Public Session
Members of the public are invited to address the Council on any issue over which it has a power. This session will be limited to 15 minutes (3 minutes per speaker). The Chairman will convene the Town Council meeting after the public session (please note that once the meeting has been convened members of the public are no longer permitted to speak unless invited to do so by the Chairman).
Please Note: By entering the meeting room you are consenting to the use of your name being recorded in the Minutes. The meeting may also be recorded by the press or members of the public. Any person or organisation choosing to film, record or broadcast any meeting of the Council or its committees is responsible for any claims or other liability resulting from them so doing and by choosing to film, record or broadcast proceedings they accept that they are required to indemnify the Council, its members and officers in relation to any such claims or liabilities.
- Apologies – To receive any apologies for absence and to note/consider the reasons for the absence.
- To receive declarations of interest from members and to consider requests for new DPI dispensations.
Members are invited to declare disclosable pecuniary interests and other interests in items on the agenda as required by the Mere Town Council Code of Conduct for Members and by the Localism Act 2011.
(a) To receive Declarations of Interest relating to matters contained in this agenda, in accordance with the provisions of the Local Government Act 1972 in respect of officers and the Localism Act 2011 in respect of members.
(b) To consider any dispensation requests received by the Town Clerk.
- Minutes – to approve Minutes of the Town Council meeting held on 20th July 2020 and Minutes of the Town Council meeting held on 7th September 2020.
- Matters Arising
- a) Report on meeting between Chairman & M.P. Dr. Andrew Murrrison
- a) Applications: (All applications can be viewed on Wiltshire Council’s website http://planning.wiltshire.gov.uk/Northgate/PlanningExplorer/ApplicationSearch.aspx – and type in the relevant application number)
|Application for:||Variation of Condition|
|Proposal||Variation of Condition 2 (approved plans) to regularise the as-built floor plans.|
|At||Ashmere House (former Lloyds Bank) , Castle Street, Mere. BA12 6JE|
|Application for:||Full Planning|
|Proposal:||Conversion of 2 garages to holiday cottage|
|At:||The Butt of Sherry, Castle Street, Mere. BA12 6JE|
|Application for:||Work to Trees in a Cons. Area|
|Proposal:||Silver Birch – reduce back overextended limbs by up to 3 metres|
|At:||Vine Cottage, Castle Street, Mere. BA12 6JH|
|Application for:||Full Planning|
|Proposal:||Conversion of barn to residential dwelling|
|At:||Barn A, Church Farm, Wet Lane, Mere. BA12 6BA|
- c) Planning for the future – Consultation on proposals for reform of the planning system in England from Ministry of Housing, Communities & Local Government: The Clerk pointed out that there were actually three consultation documents that had been issued by the government to reform the planning system.
- Changes to the Current Planning System – Consultation closes 11.45 pm on 1st October https://www.gov.uk/government/consultations/changes-to-the-current-planning-system
This consultation seeks views on a range of proposed changes to the current planning system including: changes to the standard method for assessing local housing need, securing of First Homes through developer contributions, temporarily lifting the small sites threshold and extending the current Permission in Principle to major development.
- White Paper: Planning for the Future – Consultation closes at 11.45 pm on 29th October https://www.gov.uk/government/consultations/planning-for-the-future
This consultation seeks any views on each part of a package of proposals for reform of the planning system in England to streamline and modernise the planning process, improve outcomes on design and sustainability, reform developer contributions and ensure more land is available for development where it is needed.
- Transparency & Competition: Data and Land Control – Consultation closes at 11.45 pm on 30th October https://www.gov.uk/government/consultations/transparency-and-competition-a-call-for-evidence-on-data-on-land-control
This call for evidence seeks views on proposals to require additional data from the beneficiaries of certain types of interests in land – rights of pre-emption, options and estate contracts. It also seeks views on the design of the policy and additional evidence on the impacts of the policy.
*Please see attached Briefing Note 20-31 from Wiltshire Council + report from Town Clerk.
- Highways, Rivers, Footpaths, Traffic & Transport
- a) To identify jobs for the Parish Steward, Sparkle Team of MyWiltshire reports (Parish Steward is in Mere 6 & 7th October)
- Buildings, Open Spaces, Play Areas, Sports Grounds, Car Parks, Allotments & Cemeteries,
- a) Lighting for Andy Young Pavilion car park – Cllr. A. Mead
- Finance, Policy & Resources
*a) Payments – to approve payments set out in payment schedules attached
- b) Request to give financial support (donation) to the following Area Board Grant Applications:
- Healthy Mere Walking
- Our Time Project
*C) To discuss the setting of a policy for sports coaches or sports businesses using Town Council or Charity facilities.
- General Items & Consultations
*a) Wiltshire Council’s Area Board Boundary Review.
- b) Arrangements for ‘scaled back’ Remembrance Service
- c) Plans for Xmas Lights & Xmas Activities
- d) Open Consultation. Pavement Parking: Options for change https://www.gov.uk/government/consultations/managing-pavement-parking/pavement-parking-options-for-change Closing date: 22.11.20
- Future meetings and agenda items
Note: Members are reminded that the Town Council has a general duty to consider the following matters in the exercise of any of its functions: Equal Opportunities (race, gender, sexual orientation, marital status and any disability), Crime and Disorder, Health and Safety and Human Rights.
*Further information on these items enclosed/attached
MERE PEACE MEMORIAL SPORTS AND RECREATION GROUND
Registered Charity No. 1093497
For Trustees to consider:
- Mere Youth Development Centre –Report & update on building project. Update on project and approval of granting of 25-year lease which will involve surveyors’ fees & solicitors fees (approx. £1500). Also looking for councillors to volunteer to join steering group.
- To discuss the setting of a policy for sports coaches or sports businesses using Town Council or Charity facilities.
- To approve the following payment:
Water2Business Standing Charge for supply to old Cricket Club in Rec. 15.49