Mere Town Council
Town Clerk – Mrs. L. C. Wood
Phone: 01747 860701
16th July 2020
Your attendance is requested for a meeting of the Town Council to be held on Monday, 20th July 2020 at 7.00 p.m. at Duchy Manor, Springfield Road, Mere, BA12 6EW (We aim to hold the meeting outside subject to weather conditions)
Town Clerk & RFO
- Public Session
Members of the public are invited to address the Council on any issue over which it has a power. This session will be limited to 15 minutes (3 minutes per speaker). The Chairman will convene the Town Council meeting after the public session (please note that once the meeting has been convened members of the public are no longer permitted to speak unless invited to do so by the Chairman).
Please Note: By entering the meeting room you are consenting to the use of your name being recorded in the Minutes. The meeting may also be recorded by the press or members of the public. Any person or organisation choosing to film, record or broadcast any meeting of the Council or its committees is responsible for any claims or other liability resulting from them so doing and by choosing to film, record or broadcast proceedings they accept that they are required to indemnify the Council, its members and officers in relation to any such claims or liabilities.
- Apologies – To receive apologies for absence
- To receive declarations of interest from members and to consider requests for new DPI dispensations.
Members are invited to declare disclosable pecuniary interests and other interests in items on the agenda as required by the Mere Town Council Code of Conduct for Members and by the Localism Act 2011.
- a) Applications: (All applications can be viewed on Wiltshire Council’s website http://planning.wiltshire.gov.uk/Northgate/PlanningExplorer/ApplicationSearch.aspx – and type in the relevant application number)
Application Ref: 20/04264/FUL
Application for: Full Planning
Proposal: Insertion of dormer window to the rear of the property.
At: The Rondel, Castle Hill Lane, Mere. BA12 6JB
Application Ref: 20/04298/TCA
Application for: Work to Trees in a Cons Area
Proposal: T1 – Ash tree – fell
T2 – Sycamore tree – 15% crown thin & crown lift by 2m
At: Highfields, Castle Hill Lane, Mere. BA12 6JB
Application Ref: 20/04832/FUL
Application for|: Full Planning
Proposal: Erection of portal frame barn for storage of agricultural and forestry equipment.
At: Hazelwood House, Shaftesbury Road Northeast to Limpers Hill, Limpers Hill,Mere. BA12 6BD
Application Ref: 20/04854/FUL
Application for: Full Planning
Proposal: Erection of polytunnel for animal housing
At: Downs View Farm, Limpers Hill, Mere. BA12 6BD
Application Ref: 20/05163/VAR
Application for: Variation of Condition
Proposal: Variation of condition 2 of planning permission 20/00444/FUL to alter the external materials for the approved extension and repositioning of the approved carport.
At: Spree, Rook Street, Mere. BA12 6FD
*b) Protocol for dealing with developers in respect of pre-planning application developments (per NALC legal advice LCR Summer 2015)
*c) Wiltshire Council’s Spatial Planing – Green Infrastructure and Open Space collaboration & Household Survey
- Highways, Rivers, Footpaths, Traffic & Transport
- a) Update on issues for MyWiltshire Reporting App, jobs for Parish Steward (10th & 11th March), jobs for Sparkle Team visit (16th – 19th March) + identification of new issues & jobs relating to streetscene, highways and footpaths.
- b) To set up Advisory Group to research and carry out community engagement on future Parking and Waiting Restriction requests. (deferred from last meeting)
*c) Request to extend 30mph speed limit along Shaftesbury Road – Mr. D. Clowser
- Buildings, Open Spaces, Play Areas, Sports Grounds, Car Parks, Allotments & Cemeteries,
- Finance, Policy & Resources
*a) Payments – to approve payments set out in payment schedules attached
- b) Resolution for Chairman & Vice Chairman to sign Legal Side Agreement relating to S.106 contributions for Woodlands Road development and the provision of off-site facilities and open space in Mere.
- c) To set date & working group members to review and assess the effectiveness of internal control measures
- d) CATG Scheme – Dropped Kerbs on Clements Lane
- e) Website Accessibility requirements – quotations for creation of website to meet statutory requirements
*f) Internal auditors report on interim internal audit carried out 25th February 2020.
- g) Application for fingerpost sign grant – to replace fingerpost sign at Barrow Street Lane/Charnage junction
*h) Hills Waste Collection Price Review
*i) Action Plan for pending Town Council projects
- General Items & Consultations
- a) Annual Town Meeting
- Date & Venue of Meeting (Grove Building booked for Wednesday 22nd April 2020)
- Programme for meeting & Agenda
- WALC Newsletter – February 2020
*c) The Great British Spring Clean 2020
- d) Coronavirus – Advice & Information, Risk Assessments & Emergency Planning?
- Future agenda items
For Information Only
Briefing Note No. 20-09 – Changes to Kerbside Recycling Collections
Briefing Note No. 20-10 – A summary of the governments £220m “better deal for bus users” and how to make
` suggestions for improved or enhanced bus services in Wiltshire
Briefing Note No. 20-11 – Working in partnership with Town & Parish Councils
- Employment & Careers Event – Wednesday, 18th March 2020 between 2.30 pm to 5.30 pm at The Nadder Centre, Weaveland Road, Tisbury SP3 6HJ
- South West Wiltshire Area Board Meeting – Wednesday, 18th March 2020 at 5.30 p.m. at The Nadder Centre, Weaveland Road, Tisbury SP3 6HJ
- Highways Meeting – Monday, 18th May 2020 between 1900 hrs to 2100 hrs (venue to be advised)
- Wiltshire Council Flood Plan Workshop – Wednesday, 25th March 2020 at 7.00 pm. In the Andy Young Pavilion, Springfield Road, Mere.
Note: Members are reminded that the Town Council has a general duty to consider the following matters in the exercise of any of its functions: Equal Opportunities (race, gender, sexual orientation, marital status and any disability), Crime and Disorder, Health and Safety and Human Rights.