Mere Town Council
Town Clerk – Mrs. L. C. Wood
Phone: 01747 860701
3rd September 2020
Your attendance is requested for a meeting of the Town Council to be held on Monday, 7th September at 6.00 p.m. at Duchy Manor, Springfield Road, Mere, BA12 6EW (We aim to hold the meeting outside subject to weather conditions)
Town Clerk & RFO
- Public Session
Members of the public are invited to address the Council on any issue over which it has a power. This session will be limited to 15 minutes (3 minutes per speaker). The Chairman will convene the Town Council meeting after the public session (please note that once the meeting has been convened members of the public are no longer permitted to speak unless invited to do so by the Chairman).
Please Note: By entering the meeting room you are consenting to the use of your name being recorded in the Minutes. The meeting may also be recorded by the press or members of the public. Any person or organisation choosing to film, record or broadcast any meeting of the Council or its committees is responsible for any claims or other liability resulting from them so doing and by choosing to film, record or broadcast proceedings they accept that they are required to indemnify the Council, its members and officers in relation to any such claims or liabilities.
- Apologies – To receive any apologies for absence and to note/consider the reasons for the absence.
- To receive declarations of interest from members and to consider requests for new DPI dispensations.
Members are invited to declare disclosable pecuniary interests and other interests in items on the agenda as required by the Mere Town Council Code of Conduct for Members and by the Localism Act 2011.
(a) To receive Declarations of Interest relating to matters contained in this agenda, in accordance with the provisions of the Local Government Act 1972 in respect of officers and the Localism Act 2011 in respect of members.
(b) To consider any dispensation requests received by the Town Clerk.
- a) Applications: (All applications can be viewed on Wiltshire Council’s website http://planning.wiltshire.gov.uk/Northgate/PlanningExplorer/ApplicationSearch.aspx – and type in the relevant application number)
Application Ref: 20/06509/FUL
Application for: Full Planning
Proposal: Demolish existing conservatory and replace with single storey rear
extension. Creation of dormer window to the front and rear of property.
At: Suncroft, Springfield Road, Mere. BA12 6EW
Application Ref: 20/05476/FUL
Application for: Full Planning
Proposal: Erection of garage and rear/side extension
At: Fairhaven, Pettridge Lane, Mere. BA12 6DG
- b) Concerns relating to sale of and activity on land at Burton Field
- c) Planning for the future – Consultation on proposals for reform of the planning system in England from Ministry of Housing, Communities & Local Government. (Consultation closes on 29th October 2020) The Planning for the future consultation proposes reforms of the planning process, bring a new focus to design and sustainability, improve the system of developer contributions to infrastructure, and ensure more land is available for development where it is needed. https://www.gov.uk/government/consultations/planning-for-the-future
- Highways, Rivers, Footpaths, Traffic & Transport
*a) Re-allocation of Road Space – letter from Cllr. Bridget Wayman to CATG Members
- Buildings, Open Spaces, Play Areas, Sports Grounds, Car Parks, Allotments & Cemeteries,
- a) Duchy of Cornwall allotment land rent review
- b) Lighting for Andy Young Pavilion car park – Cllr. A. Mead
- c) Water refill station – Cllr. J. Jordan
- d) To arrange liaison meeting with Sports Clubs
- e) Issues relating to Cemetery Regulations
- Finance, Policy & Resources
*a) Payments – to approve payments set out in payment schedules attached
*b) To consider draft Procurement Policy (attached)
- c) To consider review of income for financial year.
- General Items & Consultations
*a) Request from Sarum West Primary Care Network for temporary (portacabin) Hot Clinic to be located in Salisbury Street Car Park until end May 2021.
- b) Plans for Remembrance Day 2020
- Future meetings and agenda items
Note: Members are reminded that the Town Council has a general duty to consider the following matters in the exercise of any of its functions: Equal Opportunities (race, gender, sexual orientation, marital status and any disability), Crime and Disorder, Health and Safety and Human Rights.
*Further information on these items enclosed/attached
MERE PEACE MEMORIAL SPORTS AND RECREATION GROUND
Registered Charity No. 1093497
For Trustees to consider:
- Mere Youth Development Centre –Extension/Refurbishment project – Update on project and approval of granting of 25-year lease which will involve surveyors’ fees & solicitors fees (approx. £1500). Also looking for councillors to volunteer to join steering group.