Mere Town Council
Town Clerk – Mrs. L. C. Wood
Phone: 01747 860701
3rd December 2020
Mere Town Council meeting – Monday, 7th December 2020 at 6.00 pm online at Zoom.us
This meeting will be held in accordance with s.78 of the Coronavirus Act 2020, The Local Authorities Police and Crime Panels (Coronavirus) (Flexibility of Local Authorities and Crime Panels Meetings) (England and Wales) Regulations 2020.
The 2020 Regulations enable local councils to hold remote meetings (including by video and telephone conferencing) for a specified period until May 2021.
Due to the current government coronavirus response, the Town Council will be meeting online. Members of the public who wish to join the meeting to submit their questions or comments under ‘Public Session’ should contact the Clerk in advance of the meeting via email on firstname.lastname@example.org. The Clerk will then send out the meeting ID and passcode.
Online Meeting Arrangements
The Chairman will host the meeting, attendees will be muted and councillors invited to speak in turn at each agenda item. Councillors may raise their hand to indicate that they wish to speak at other times. Voting will be taken in turn as directed by the Chairman and should be by the response ‘In Favour’, ‘Against’ or ‘Abstain’, The decision and summary of votes will be read back before moving to the next item.
All attendees should try to join the meeting at least 5 minutes prior to the start of the meeting to allow for any connection problems.
- Public Session
Members of the public are invited to address the Council on any issue over which it has a power. This session will be limited to 15 minutes (3 minutes per speaker). The Chairman will convene the Town Council meeting after the public session (please note that once the meeting has been convened members of the public are no longer permitted to speak unless invited to do so by the Chairman).
Please Note: By entering the meeting room you are consenting to the use of your name being recorded in the Minutes. The meeting may also be recorded by the press or members of the public. Any person or organisation choosing to film, record or broadcast any meeting of the Council or its committees is responsible for any claims or other liability resulting from them so doing and by choosing to film, record or broadcast proceedings they accept that they are required to indemnify the Council, its members and officers in relation to any such claims or liabilities.
- Apologies – To receive and accept apologies for absence.
- To receive declarations of interest from members and to consider requests for new DPI dispensations.
Members are invited to declare disclosable pecuniary interests and other interests in items on the agenda as required by the Mere Town Council Code of Conduct for Members and by the Localism Act 2011.
(a) To receive Declarations of Interest relating to matters contained in this agenda, in accordance with the provisions of the Local Government Act 1972 in respect of officers and the Localism Act 2011 in respect of members.
(b) To consider any dispensation requests received by the Town Clerk.
- Minutes – to approve the Minutes of the meetings held on Monday, 12th October 2020 and Monday, 2nd November 2020.
- Matters Arising
- a) Notice of Advertisement for Co-option to fill Casual Vacancy (Minute No. 156 b)
- b) Point relating to refusal of planning permission for Ashmere House (old Lloyds Bank) and revelation that Wiltshire Council’s parking policy was unenforceable – Cllr. G. Jeans (last paragraph Minute 157a)
- c) Update on correspondence and situation relating to unauthorised activities at Burton Field, Mere
*d) Policy, License and fees for private sporting activities
*e) Report on correspondence relating to closure of Fives Court Care Home (Minute No. 156 a)
- f) Project to rebuild Mere Youth Centre in Mere Recreation Ground – to consider report prepared by Clerk & Chairman 18.11.2020 (previously distributed)
- a) Applications: (All applications can be viewed on Wiltshire Council’s website http://planning.wiltshire.gov.uk/Northgate/PlanningExplorer/ApplicationSearch.aspx – and type in the relevant application number)
|Application for:||Work to Trees in Conservation Area|
|Proposal:||T1 – Beech – crown reduction to reduce to about 30 feet|
|At:||Lawrences, Old Hollow, Mere. BA12 6EG|
|Application for:||Variation of Condition|
|Proposal:||Variation of Condition 2 of 19/06100/FUL (erect single storey extension)|
|At:||Apple Tree Cottage, North Street, Mere. BA12 6HH|
|Application for:||Work to Tree Preservation Order Trees|
|Proposal:||Scots Pine Tree (T223) – fell due to dangerous condition|
|At:||Greenacres, Castle Street, Mere. BA12 6JW|
|Application for:||Hedgerow Removal|
|Proposal:||There are 2.6m sections hedgerow proposed to be removed. This is to enable the construction of a water supply pipeline to provide stream support to Ashford Water watercourse. The hedgerows will be reinstated as per drawing: STD836 Rev E on completion.|
|At:||Pumping Station, Mere. BA12 6AU|
|Application for:||Work to Trees in a Cons. Area|
|Proposal:||Reduce Norway Spruce to provide 1 metre clearance from BT cables (T1), remove 4 stems of young beech trees (T2), reduce willow by 2 metres (T3).|
|At:||Fairhaven, Pettridge Lane, Mere. BA12 6DG|
- Reports & Consultations
- a) To receive and consider report from Wiltshire Councillor
- Highways, River, Footpaths, Traffic & Transport
- a) Parking on Hazzards Hill, particularly during school collection times – Cllr. A. Mead
- b) To identify jobs for the Parish Steward, Sparkle Team or MyWiltshirre reports
- c) Notice of closures for highway works:
- Urgent closure of Boar Street and Pettridge Lane 15th January for 5 days between the hours of 19.00 and 23.59 to enable Wiltshire Council to carry out carriageway patching and associated works.
- Temporarry Closure of Church Street (Part) to enable a sewer connection. The order will come into operation on 18th January 2021 and is anticipated that the closure will be required until 22 January 2021.
- Buildings, Open Spaces, Play Areas, Sports Grounds, Car Parks, Allotments & Cemeteries
- a) To receive and consider quotations to resurface (tarmac) Jubilee Walk, Jubilee Gardens, Mere.
- Finance, Policy & Resources
*a) To approve and authorise payments as shown in payment schedule attached.
- b) To receive the External Auditor’s report and certificate, section 3 (Part 3 Annual Governance and Accountability Return (AGAR) for the year end 31st March 2020 and agree to carry out the following: prepare a “Notice of Conclusion of Audit” which details the rights of inspection in line with the statutory requirements. Publish the “Notice” along with the certified AGAR (sections 1, 2 & 3) before 30th November 2020 which must include publication on the town council’s website.
*c) Request for financial support from Mere Foodbank
- General Items, Consultations & Briefing Notes
- a) To receive information on the 2021 census and to designate a Census Liaison Manager
- b) Judging of Xmas Lights
- c) Priorities for South West Wiltshire Area Board (see email from K. Linaker 17.11.20)
- d) Nomination to re-list Butt of Sherry as an Asset of Community Value
- Forthcoming meetings/events
- a) Community Area Transport Group – 16th December 2020 at 14.00 on Microsoft Teams
- Future Town Council meetings and to receive requests for agenda items
Annual Budget meeting is to be held on Monday, 14th December 2020 at 6.00 pm via Zoom
Next scheduled meeting will be Monday, 11th January 2021 via Zoom
Note: Members are reminded that the Town Council has a general duty to consider the following matters in the exercise of any of its functions: Equal Opportunities (race, gender, sexual orientation, marital status and any disability), Crime and Disorder, Health and Safety and Human Rights.
*Further information on these items enclosed/attached
MERE PEACE MEMORIAL SPORTS AND RECREATION GROUND
Registered Charity No. 1093497
Members of Mere Town Council are sole trustees of Mere Peace Memorial Sports & Recreation Ground Charity (Mere Recreation Ground Charity).
For Trustees to consider:
- a) Project to rebuild Mere Youth Centre in Mere Recreation Ground – to consider report prepared by Clerk & Chairman 18.11.2020 (previously distributed)