Mere Town Council meeting – Monday, 11th January 2021 at 6.00 pm online at Zoom.us
This meeting will be held in accordance with s.78 of the Coronavirus Act 2020, The Local Authorities Police and Crime Panels (Coronavirus) (Flexibility of Local Authorities and Crime Panels Meetings) (England and Wales) Regulations 2020.
The 2020 Regulations enable local councils to hold remote meetings (including by video and telephone conferencing) for a specified period until May 2021.
Due to the current government coronavirus response, the Town Council will be meeting online. Members of the public who wish to join the meeting to submit their questions or comments under ‘Public Session’ should contact the Clerk in advance of the meeting via email on firstname.lastname@example.org. The Clerk will then send out the meeting ID and passcode.
Online Meeting Arrangements
The Chairman will host the meeting, attendees will be muted and councillors invited to speak in turn at each agenda item. Councillors may raise their hand to indicate that they wish to speak at other times. Voting will be taken in turn as directed by the Chairman and should be by the response ‘In Favour’, ‘Against’ or ‘Abstain’, The decision and summary of votes will be read back before moving to the next item.
All attendees should try to join the meeting at least 5 minutes prior to the start of the meeting to allow for any connection problems.
Town Clerk & RFO
- Public Session
Members of the public are invited to address the Council on any issue over which it has a power. This session will be limited to 15 minutes (3 minutes per speaker). The Chairman will convene the Town Council meeting after the public session (please note that once the meeting has been convened members of the public are no longer permitted to speak unless invited to do so by the Chairman).
Please Note: By entering the meeting room you are consenting to the use of your name being recorded in the Minutes. The meeting may also be recorded by the press or members of the public. Any person or organisation choosing to film, record or broadcast any meeting of the Council or its committees is responsible for any claims or other liability resulting from them so doing and by choosing to film, record or broadcast proceedings they accept that they are required to indemnify the Council, its members and officers in relation to any such claims or liabilities.
- Apologies – To receive and accept apologies for absence.
- To receive declarations of interest from members and to consider requests for new DPI dispensations.
Members are invited to declare disclosable pecuniary interests and other interests in items on the agenda as required by the Mere Town Council Code of Conduct for Members and by the Localism Act 2011.
(a) To receive Declarations of Interest relating to matters contained in this agenda, in accordance with the provisions of the Local Government Act 1972 in respect of officers and the Localism Act 2011 in respect of members.
(b) To consider any dispensation requests received by the Town Clerk.
- Minutes – to approve the Minutes of the meetings held on Monday, 7th December 2020 and for Budget Committee to approve Minutes of Annual Budget meeting held on Monday, 14th December 2020.
*5. Co-Option to fill Casual Vacancy (applications/personal statements attached) & for new councillor (if present) to sign Declaration of Acceptance of Office.
- Matters Arising
- a) Applications: (All applications can be viewed on Wiltshire Council’s website http://planning.wiltshire.gov.uk/Northgate/PlanningExplorer/ApplicationSearch.aspx – and type in the relevant application number)
|Application for:||Full Planning|
|Proposal:||Extension and alterations|
|At:||Monkswell Cottage, Mill Lane, Mere. BA12 6DA|
|Application for:||Prior Notifications on change of use|
|Proposal:||Application for Prior Approval under Class Q for a Change of Use of an Agricultural Building to form one dwelling house and for associated operational development|
|At:||Breaches Barn, Barrow Street, Mere. BA12 6AB|
*b) Wiltshire Local Plan Review Consultation & Wiltshire Gypsy & Traveller Local Plan Consultation – Online events
- Reports & Consultations
- a) To receive and consider report from Wiltshire Councillor
- Highways, River, Footpaths, Traffic & Transport
*a) Motion for proposal to Wiltshire Council for amendment to Minimum Parking Standards within Local Transport Plan – Cllr. George Jeans
- b) To identify jobs for the Parish Steward, Sparkle Team or Wiltshire reports
- c) The Wiltshire Council Mere Path No. 78 Definitive Map and Statement Modification Order 2019 – Notification that the above-mentioned order has been submitted to the Secretary of State for confirmation.
- d) To request that Mere Town Council submits application for grant from the SWW Area Board for Fingerpost sign for Barrow Street – Cllr. G. Jeans
- Buildings, Open Spaces, Play Areas, Sports Grounds, Car Parks, Allotments & Cemeteries
- Finance, Policy & Resources
*a) To approve and authorise payments as shown in payment schedule attached.
*b) To adopt recommendations made by Budget Meeting, as shown in Minutes of Budget Meeting held on Monday, 14th December 2020 (Minutes attached)
- c) To approve Precept on Wiltshire Council for 2021/22
*d) To receive report from Mere Foodbank on how Mere Town Council’s donation was used.
- General Items, Consultations & Briefing Notes
- a) Ministry of Housing, Communities & Local Government – Open Consultation
Supporting Housing Delivery and public service infrastructure – Consultation closes 28th January 2021
*Briefing Note 20-37 – Housing Land Supply Update
*Briefing Note 20-39 – Management of Council business and publicity during the pre-election period
- Forthcoming meetings/events
*South West Wiltshire’s Local Economy & Employment Online Event – 3.30 pm to 5 pm, 26th January 2021
- Future Town Council meetings and to receive requests for agenda items
Note: Members are reminded that the Town Council has a general duty to consider the following matters in the exercise of any of its functions: Equal Opportunities (race, gender, sexual orientation, marital status and any disability), Crime and Disorder, Health and Safety and Human Rights.
*Further information on these items enclosed/attached