Mere Town Council
Town Clerk – Mrs. L. C. Wood
Phone: 01747 860701
1st December 2021
You are summoned to a meeting of Mere Town Council at Duchy Manor, Springfield Road, Mere, BA12 6EW on 6th December 2021 at 7.00 pm. The meeting will consider the items set out below.
Before the meeting there will be a public session to enable the people of Mere to ask questions of, and make comments, regarding the Town Council. Questions not answered at this meeting will be answered in writing to the person asking the question, or may appear as an agenda item for the next meeting. Members of the public are asked to restrict their comments, and/or questions to three minutes.
Please Note: By entering the meeting room you are consenting to the use of your name being recorded in the Minutes. The meeting may also be recorded by the press or members of the public. Any person or organisation choosing to film, record or broadcast any meeting of the Council or its committees is responsible for any claims or other liability resulting from them so doing and by choosing to film, record or broadcast proceedings they accept that they are required to indemnify the Council, its members and officers in relation to any such claims or liabilities.
Any person who may find difficulty in access to the meeting through disability is asked to advise the Clerk by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) at least 24 hours before the meeting so that every effort may be made to provide access.
Town Clerk & RFO
Public Participation Session
Members of the public are invited to address the Council on any issue over which it has a power. This session will be limited to 15 minutes (3 minutes per speaker). The Chairman will convene the Town Council meeting after the public session (please note that once the meeting has been convened members of the public are no longer permitted to speak unless invited to do so by the Chairman).
- Apologies – To receive apologies for absence.
- To receive any declarations of disclosable pecuniary interests and other interests from Councillors on matters to be considered at the meeting.
- To receive Declarations of Interest relating to matters contained in this agenda, in accordance with the provisions of the Local Government Act 1972 in respect of officers and the Localism Act 2011 in respect of members.
- To receive written requests for new DPI dispensations.
Members are invited to declare disclosable pecuniary interests and other interests in items on the agenda as required by the Mere Town Council Code of Conduct for Members and by the Localism Act 2011. The disclosure must include the nature of the interest. If you become aware, during the course of a meeting, of an interest that has not been disclosed under this item, you must immediately disclose it. Whether you can remain in the meeting and the extent to which you can participate depends on the type of interest you have.
- Minutes – To resolve that the minutes of the Town Council meeting held on Monday, 1st November 2021 be approved as a correct record. (attached) For the Annual Budget Committee to approve the Minutes of the Annual Budget Meeting held on Wednesday, 24th November 2021 (attached).
- Matters Arising from Public Session
- Matters Arising from previous Meetings (not covered by other agenda items)
- a) Mere School expansion plans and alterations to green amenity areas to make more car parking spaces – to consider the consultation responses given by community users of the site and to compile the Town Council’s formal consultation response.
*b) To consider permanent fixture for the town to commemorate the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee
- Reports & Consultations
- a) Wiltshire Councillors Report
- b) Report on Town & Parish Council Climate Action Day held on 16th November 2021– Cllrs. Nick & Debbie Beale
- a) Applications for consultation response – (All applications can be viewed on Wiltshire Council’s Planning & Building Control Public Register – https://development.wiltshire.gov.uk/pr/s/ – type in the relevant application number:
|Site Location:||WEST SWAINSFORD FARM, WOODLANDS ROAD, MERE, WARMINSTER, BA12 6JT|
|Proposal:||Prior Notification Under Class Q for a Proposed Change of use of Four Agricultural Buildings to 5 Dwellinghouses (Use Class C3) and Associated Building Operations.|
|Planning Register Link:||https://development.wiltshire.gov.uk/pr/s/planning-application/a0i3z000016qwoEAAQ/pl202110395|
|Application Type:||Listed building consent (Alt/Ext)|
|Proposal:||Install window above front door|
|Site Address:||Habberley, Water Street, Mere, Warminster, BA12 6DZ|
|Planning Register Link:||https://development.wiltshire.gov.uk/pr/s/planning-application/a0i3z000016pWfh
- b) Report on CPRE’s Neighbourhood Planning Webinar held on 9th November – Cllr. Rachael Hansford
- Highways, Rivers, Footpaths, Traffic & Transport
- a) To identify jobs for the Parish Steward, Sparkle Team and MyWltshire reports
- b) Report on CATG meeting held on 24th November 2021
*c) Frome Bus Service
*d) S W Rail & Great Western Rail cuts to timetable
- e) Road naming to clear up confusion with Coward Road that runs parallel with Woodlands Road – Cllr. George Jeans
- f) Suggestion to submit CATG request for “Unsuitable for lorries” sign on some feeder roads to Woodlands Industrial units (may need coordinating with Dorset Council) – Cllr. George Jeans
- Buildings, Open Spaces, Play Areas, Sports Grounds, Car Parks, Allotments & Cemeteries
- Finance, Policy & Resources
*a) Payments – To review and authorise schedule of payments (attached)
*b) To adopt recommendations made by Budget Meeting, as shown in Minutes of Budget Meeting held on Monday, 24th November 2021 (Minutes attached)
- c) To approve Precept on Wiltshire Council for 2022/23
- d) To consider the provision of a street light to light steps from Salisbury Street Car Park to Dark Lane
- e) Request for Grant Funding Support from Mere Platinum Jubilee Committee
- f) Training – to Authorise expenditure for Clerk to attend Society of Local Council Clerks – Practitioners’ Conference 2022 (Virtual) – Delegate cost £75 + VAT for members
- g) Town Council Communication Strategy – Cllr. Rachael Hansford
- General Items
*a) Vacancy on the Mere Charities committee for Town Council representative
- b) Recognition for special community contribution – Cllr. Rachael Hansford
- c) Date of next meeting
- Future meetings and events
- a) South West Wiltshire Area Board meeting to be held on Wednesday, 15th December in Nadder Centre, Tisbury
- Future agenda items
Note: Members are reminded that the Town Council has a general duty to consider the following matters in the exercise of any of its functions: Equal Opportunities (race, gender, sexual orientation, marital status and any disability), Crime and Disorder, Health and Safety and Human Rights.
*Further information on these items enclosed/attached
MERE PEACE MEMORIAL SPORTS AND RECREATION GROUND
Registered Charity No. 1093497
For Trustees to consider the following:
*To submit Annual Return for Mere Peace Memorial Sports & Recreation Ground for Financial Year End 31.3.21