Mere Town Council
Town Clerk – Mrs. L. C. Wood
Phone: 01747 860701
30th March 2022
You are summoned to a meeting of Mere Town Council to be held on Monday, 4th April 2022 at The Andy Young Pavilion, Springfield Road, Mere, BA12 6EW at 7.00 pm. The meeting will consider the items set out below.
Before the meeting there will be a public session to enable the people of Mere to ask questions of, and make comments, regarding the Town Council. Questions not answered at this meeting will be answered in writing to the person asking the question, or may appear as an agenda item for the next meeting. Members of the public are asked to restrict their comments, and/or questions to three minutes.
Please Note: By entering the meeting room you are consenting to the use of your name being recorded in the Minutes. The meeting may also be recorded by the press or members of the public. Any person or organisation choosing to film, record or broadcast any meeting of the Council or its committees is responsible for any claims or other liability resulting from them so doing and by choosing to film, record or broadcast proceedings they accept that they are required to indemnify the Council, its members and officers in relation to any such claims or liabilities.
Any person who may find difficulty in access to the meeting through disability is asked to advise the Clerk by email (email@example.com) at least 24 hours before the meeting so that every effort may be made to provide access.
Town Clerk & RFO
Public Participation Session
Members of the public are invited to address the Council on any issue over which it has a power. This session will be limited to 15 minutes (3 minutes per speaker). The Chairman will convene the Town Council meeting after the public session (please note that once the meeting has been convened members of the public are no longer permitted to speak unless invited to do so by the Chairman).
- Apologies – To receive apologies for absence.
- To receive any declarations of disclosable pecuniary interests and other interests from Councillors on matters to be considered at the meeting.
- To receive Declarations of Interest relating to matters contained in this agenda, in accordance with the provisions of the Local Government Act 1972 in respect of officers and the Localism Act 2011 in respect of members.
- To receive written requests for new DPI dispensations.
Members are invited to declare disclosable pecuniary interests and other interests in items on the agenda as required by the Mere Town Council Code of Conduct for Members and by the Localism Act 2011. The disclosure must include the nature of the interest. If you become aware, during the course of a meeting, of an interest that has not been disclosed under this item, you must immediately disclose it. Whether you can remain in the meeting and the extent to which you can participate depends on the type of interest you have.
*3. Minutes – To resolve that the minutes of the Town Council meeting held on Monday, 14th March 2022 be approved as a correct record. (attached)
- Matters Arising from Public Session
- Matters Arising from previous Meetings
- a) Report on the receipt of information and co-ordination of efferts to help people from Mere that wish to take in Ukrainian refugees to their homes – (Minute No. 118)
- b) Mere Car Club – report on decision made by Wiltshire Council’s South West Wiltshire Area Board (Minute No. 119 ii)
- c) Platinum Jubilee Celebrations – report from Jubilee Committee and to agree final decision on location of beacon and other updates from Committee and Town Clerk. (Minute 119b)
- d) Response from Wiltshire Council and contractors relating to the provision/installation of solar powered street lights at Duchy Manor and the provision/installation of conduits/ducts (Minute 123b)
- e) Update on minor refurbishments for Public Toilets (Minute 123e)
- f) New format for the Annual Town Meeting and councillor leads (Minute No. 125)
- Reports & Consultations
- a) Wiltshire Councillors Report
- a) Applications for consultation response:
|Full planning permission
|Demolition of existing garage and erection of a new 2 bedroom dwelling
|The Drying Fields, Castle Hill Lane, Mere, BA12 6JH
|Planning Register Link:
|Householder planning permission
|Construction of two storey extension and insert bifold doors
|11 OAK LANE, MERE, WARMINSTER, BA12 6FJ
|Planning Register Link:
|Notification of proposed works to trees in a conservation area
|7 x Ash trees – fell (Group K2) 2 x Ash trees – fell (Group K3) 4 x Ash trees – fell (Group N1) 2 x Ash trees – fell (Group N2) 1 x Sycamore tree – fell (564) 1 x Silver Birch tree – fell (566)
|Long Hill and Castle Hill Approach, Mere, BA12 6JB
|Planning Register Link:
Please note that the above planning application has been submitted by the Town Council
- Highways, Rivers, Footpaths, Traffic & Transport
- a) To identify jobs for the Parish Steward, Sparkle Team and MyWiltshire reports.
*b) To approve ‘What do I do if I get Flooded?’ document (attached)
- Buildings, Open Spaces, Play Areas, Sports Grounds, Car Parks, Allotments & Cemeteries
*a) Report on informal meeting held with Mere Pre-School representatives on their suggestion to swap premises
- Finance, Policy & Resources
*a) Payments – To review and authorise schedule of payments (attached)
*b) To approve internet advertisement and candidate information pack for the position of Project Co-Ordinator
*c) To report on Allotment rent audit
- d) 2021/22 Annual Governance & Accountability Return external auditor instructions
- General Items
- Future meetings and events
- Future agenda items
NB – Please note that the next Town Council meeting will be the Annual Town Council meeting and will be held on 9th May 2022
Note: Members are reminded that the Town Council has a general duty to consider the following matters in the exercise of any of its functions: Equal Opportunities (race, gender, sexual orientation, marital status and any disability), Crime and Disorder, Health and Safety and Human Rights.
*Further information on these items enclosed/attached
MERE PEACE MEMORIAL SPORTS AND RECREATION GROUND
Registered Charity No. 1093497
For Trustees to consider the following:
Wiltshire Council – National Non-Domestic Rates for Recreation Ground £0.00