Mere Town Council
Town Clerk – Mrs. L. C. Wood
1st February 2023
You are summoned to a meeting of Mere Town Council to be held on Monday, 6th February 2023 at 7.00 pm at The Andy Young Pavilion, Springfield Road, Mere, Wiltshire. BA12 6EW. The meeting will consider the items set out below.
Before the meeting there will be a public session to enable the people of Mere to ask questions of, and make comments, regarding the Town Council. Questions not answered at this meeting will be answered in writing to the person asking the question, or may appear as an agenda item for the next meeting. Members of the public are asked to restrict their comments, and/or questions to three minutes.
Please Note: By entering the meeting room you are consenting to the use of your name being recorded in the Minutes. The meeting may also be recorded by the press or members of the public. Any person or organisation choosing to film, record or broadcast any meeting of the Council or its committees is responsible for any claims or other liability resulting from them so doing and by choosing to film, record or broadcast proceedings they accept that they are required to indemnify the Council, its members and officers in relation to any such claims or liabilities.
Any person who may find difficulty in access to the meeting through disability is asked to advise the Clerk by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) at least 24 hours before the meeting so that every effort may be made to provide access.
Town Clerk & RFO
Kevin Harmsworth, new Community Policing Team Inspector for the Mere Area will be attending the meeting to formally introduce himself and discuss the Community Policing service.
Public Participation Session
Members of the public are invited to address the Council on any issue over which it has a power. This session will be limited to 15 minutes (3 minutes per speaker). The Chairman will convene the Town Council meeting after the public session (please note that once the meeting has been convened members of the public are no longer permitted to speak unless invited to do so by the Chairman).
- Apologies – To receive apologies for absence.
- To receive any declarations of disclosable pecuniary interests and other interests from Councillors on matters to be considered at the meeting.
2.1 To receive declarations of interest from councillors on items on the agenda
2.2 To receive written requests for dispensations for disclosable pecuniary interests (if any)
2.3 To grant any requests for dispensation as appropriate
A request for dispensation must be made on an individual basis
Members are invited to declare disclosable pecuniary interests and other interests in items on the agenda as required by the Mere Town Council Code of Conduct for Members and by the Localism Act 2011. The disclosure must include the nature of the interest. If you become aware, during the course of a meeting, of an interest that has not been disclosed under this item, you must immediately disclose it. Whether you can remain in the meeting and the extent to which you can participate depends on the type of interest you have.
*3. Minutes – To resolve that the minutes of the Town Council meeting held on Monday, 16th January 2023 be approved as a correct record. (attached)
- Matters Arising from Public Session
- Matters Arising from previous Meetings (not covered by other agenda items)
- a) Minute Ref: 252a) Wiltshire Towns Programme – update on grant application submissions
*b) Minute Ref:252c) Lease/licence for Car Club
- Reports & Consultations
- a) Wiltshire Councillors Report
*b) Report from Project Co-Ordinator
- a) Applications for consultation response:
|Application Type:||Full planning permission|
|Proposal:||Construct new stable barn and yard.|
|Site Address:||Green Ridge, Barrow Street, Mere, Warminster, BA12 6AB|
|Planning Register Link:||https://development.wiltshire.gov.uk/pr/s/planning-application/a0i3z000019oaLb|
|Application Type:||Circular 14/90 – Electricity Overhead Lines notification|
|Proposal:||Add an additional Low voltage underground service onto Pole B which is the last pole on an LV overhead line single span between pole A and pole B (wood poles) which is currently in position to provide only one service.|
|Site Address:||Three Oaks Farm, , Mere, Warminster, BA12 6LH|
|Planning Register Link:||https://development.wiltshire.gov.uk/pr/s/planning-application/a0i3z000019ods0
|Application Type:||Householder planning permission|
|Site Address:||Bourne Cottage, Mill Lane, Mere, Warminster, BA12 6DA|
|Planning Register Link:||https://development.wiltshire.gov.uk/pr/s/planning-application/a0i3z000019ouGr
|Application No:||PL/2022/06955 AMENDED PLANS/ADDITIONAL INFORMATION|
|Application Type:||Full planning permission|
|Proposal:||Carry out alterations to access, erect 6 no semi-detached dwellings and 1 no detached dwelling with associated parking and access arrangements (demolish existing church).|
|Site Address:||Land North of St Marys Catholic Church, Pettridge Lane, Mere, BA12 6DG|
|Planning Register Link||https://development.wiltshire.gov.uk/pr/s/planning-application/a0i3z000017btXd
|Application Type:||Removal/variation of conditions|
|Proposal:||Variation of condition 2 (approved plans) on 20/11079/FUL to allow for internal alterations, minor external revisions and PV panels to the flat roof|
|Site Address:||Land adjacent Quarryfield Industrial Estate, Castle Street, Mere, BA12 6LA|
|Planning Register Link||https://development.wiltshire.gov.uk/pr/s/planning-application/a0i3z000019pSD1|
|Application Type:||Proposed Works to Trees in a Conservation Area|
|Proposal:||T1 Lime Tree – Fell because the tree is encroaching on the neighbouring property.|
|Site Address:||The Old Brewery, Water Street, Mere. BA12 6DY|
|Planning Register Link||https://development.wiltshire.gov.uk/pr/s/planning-application/a0i3z000019oxKJ|
*b) Government publishes its prospectus for revising the National Planning Policy Framework: see: Levelling-up and Regeneration Bill: reforms to national planning policy – GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)
- c) Protocol for dealing with Planning Enforcement issues
- Highways, Rivers, Footpaths, Traffic & Transport
- a) To identify jobs for the Parish Steward, Sparkle Team and MyWiltshire reports.
*b)To consider report from working group relating to on-street parking issues and recommendations to improve traffic flow in Mere (in Clerks Report).
- Buildings, Open Spaces, Play Areas, Sports Grounds, Car Parks, Allotments & Cemeteries
- a) Use of traffic cones in Salisbury Street Car Park
- b) Extension of Environmental Higher Level Stewardship Scheme for Castle Hill & Long Hill
- c) To enter into a Farm Business Tenancy Agreement with goat farmer for Long Hill & Castle Hill
- Finance, Policy & Resources
*a) Payments – To review and authorise schedule of payments (attached)
- b) To sign off latest bank reconciliation
*c) Internal Interim Audit Report (report attached)
- d) To review Standing Orders (new model Standing Orders issued April 2022 makes amendments to procurement procedures)
*e) To agree recommendation from councillors who assessed tenders for Walnut Road Play Area (as detailed in Project Co-Ordinators report)
- f) To set date, membership, venue & agenda for Working Group meeting to review and assess the effectiveness of internal control measures
- g) Suggestions for Town Council priority strategy
- h) Request to purchase hydraulic post driver
- General Items
- a) Report on special WALC meeting – Cllr. Sandra Catley
*b) Wiltshire Council’s Briefing Note No. 23-01 – Use of council-owned land for environmental mitigation
- c) To set date, venue & agenda for Annual Town Meeting (must be held between 1.3.23 and 30.6.23)
- Future meetings and events
- a) Invitation to the next South West Wiltshire Health and Wellbeing Group meeting to be held on Tuesday 28th February, 2pm-3.30pm at the Nadder Centre, Tisbury.
- b) Mere Carnival Committee AGM – Monday, 6th March 2023
- c) Climate Action Planning Workshop on 27th March 2023, 10am – 4pm
- Future agenda items
Note: Members are reminded that the Town Council has a general duty to consider the following matters in the exercise of any of its functions: Equal Opportunities (race, gender, sexual orientation, marital status and any disability), Crime and Disorder, Health and Safety and Human Rights.
*Further information on these items enclosed/attached