1st November 2023
You are summoned to a meeting of Mere Town Council to be held on Monday, 6th November 2023 at 7.00 pm at Duchy Manor, Springfield Road, Mere, Wiltshire. BA12 6EW. The meeting will consider the items set out below.
Before the meeting there will be a public session to enable the people of Mere to ask questions of, and make comments, regarding the Town Council. Questions not answered at this meeting will be answered in writing to the person asking the question, or may appear as an agenda item for the next meeting. Members of the public are asked to restrict their comments, and/or questions to three minutes.
Please Note: By entering the meeting room you are consenting to the use of your name being recorded in the Minutes. The meeting may also be recorded by the press or members of the public. Any person or organisation choosing to film, record or broadcast any meeting of the Council or its committees is responsible for any claims or other liability resulting from them so doing and by choosing to film, record or broadcast proceedings they accept that they are required to indemnify the Council, its members and officers in relation to any such claims or liabilities.
Any person who may find difficulty in access to the meeting through disability is asked to advise the Clerk by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) at least 24 hours before the meeting so that every effort may be made to provide access.
Town Clerk & RFO
Public Participation Session
Members of the public are invited to address the Council on any issue over which it has a power. This session will be limited to 15 minutes (3 minutes per speaker). The Chairman will convene the Town Council meeting after the public session (please note that once the meeting has been convened members of the public are no longer permitted to speak unless invited to do so by the Chairman).
- Apologies – To receive apologies for absence.
- To receive any declarations of disclosable pecuniary interests and other interests from Councillors on matters to be considered at the meeting.
2.1 To receive declarations of interest from councillors on items on the agenda
2.2 To receive written requests for dispensations for disclosable pecuniary interests (if any)
2.3 To grant any requests for dispensation as appropriate
A request for dispensation must be made on an individual basis
Members are invited to declare disclosable pecuniary interests and other interests in items on the agenda as required by the Mere Town Council Code of Conduct for Members and by the Localism Act 2011. The disclosure must include the nature of the interest. If you become aware, during the course of a meeting, of an interest that has not been disclosed under this item, you must immediately disclose it. Whether you can remain in the meeting and the extent to which you can participate depends on the type of interest you have.
- Minutes – To resolve that the minutes of the Town Council meeting held on 2nd October 2023 be approved as a correct record. (attached)
- Matters Arising from Public Session
- Matters Arising from previous Meetings (not covered by other agenda items)
- a) Minute Ref: 297 a) – Update on proposals/suggestions for Community Garden location
- b) Minute Ref: 265 a) – To authorise the execution of the following documents:
- Deed of Variation relating to Public Conveniences at Salisbury Street Car Park, Mere between Wiltshire Council & Mere Town Council
- Licence relating to EV charging spaces at Salisbury Street Car Park, Mere between Mere Town Council and Econetiq Alpha Ltd
- Operating Agreement relating to EV charging spaces at Salisbury Street Car Park, Mere between Mere Town
*c) Minute ref: 299 a) Community Governance Review (CGR) – Pre-Consultation – Information Gathering Survey (in Clerks Report)
- Reports & Consultations
- a) Wiltshire Councillors Report
*b) Project Co-Ordinator’s Report (attached)
- a) Applications for consultation response:
|Application Type:||Listed building consent (Alt/Ext)|
|Proposal:||Carry out alterations to provide improved staff facilities.|
|Site Address:||F J CHALKE LTD, SALISBURY STREET, MERE, BA12 6HE|
|Planning Register Link:||https://development.wiltshire.gov.uk/pr/s/planning-application/a0i3z00001BDiC4|
*b) Consultation on Wiltshire Local Plan Pre-Submission Draft 2020-2038 (report circulated to members 30.10.23 via email)
- Highways, Rivers, Footpaths, Traffic & Transport
- a) To identify jobs for the Parish Steward, Sparkle Team and MyWiltshire reports.
*b) Wiltshire Bus Review (Consultation ends 10.11.23) – see Clerks Report & also Minutes of Shaftesbury & Gillingham Area Transport Forum meeting 19.9.23 (attached)
- Buildings, Open Spaces, Play Areas, Sports Grounds, Car Parks, Allotments & Cemeteries
*a) To approve/adopt Terms of Reference for football clubs (attached)
- b) Mere Croquet & Boules Club – request to reduce rental due to reduced membership
- b) Evaluation of Sports Facilities
- c) Gravedigging issues and cemetery regulations
*d) Street Tag Wiltshire (see email received 31.10.23) (attached)
- Finance, Policy & Resources
*a) Payments – To review and authorise schedule of payments (attached)
- b) To note the reconciliations for September 2023; the Chairman to sign and verify against the bank statements seen
*c) Review of Council priority projects and issues (attached)
- d) Expression of interest to enter into negotiations with Wiltshire Council for the purpose of either purchasing or renting the Mere Salt Depot.
- General Items & Consultations
*a) Consultation on possible changes to Wiltshire Council’s Council Tax Reduction Scheme 2024 onward (attached)
- b) The future of Mere Chamber of Trade – Cllr. Clive Hazzard – deferred
*c) Offer to join Rural Market Town Group FOC until end February 2024 and thereafter approx. £100 p.a. (email correspondence copied in Clerks Report)
Briefing Notes (all attached)
Briefing Note 23-26: Polling District and Polling Place Review in Wiltshire
Briefing Note 23-27 – Community Governance Review 2023/24
Briefing Note 23-28 – Police and Crime Panel
Briefing Note 23-29 – North Meadows Mitigation Strategy
Briefing Note 23-30 – Consultation on potential changes to Wiltshire Council Tax Reduction Scheme for working-age people
- Future meetings and events
South West Wiltshire Area Board meeting 29th November 2023 at 6.30 pm in East Knoyle Village Hall
- Future agenda items
Note: Members are reminded that the Town Council has a general duty to consider the following matters in the exercise of any of its functions: Equal Opportunities (race, gender, sexual orientation, marital status and any disability), Crime and Disorder, Health and Safety and Human Rights.
*Further information on these items in Clerks Report or attached