Mere Town Council
Town Clerk – Mrs. L. C. Wood
Phone: 01747 860701
28th January 2021
Mere Town Council meeting – Monday, 1st February 2021 at 6.00 pm online at Zoom.us
This meeting will be held in accordance with s.78 of the Coronavirus Act 2020, The Local Authorities Police and Crime Panels (Coronavirus) (Flexibility of Local Authorities and Crime Panels Meetings) (England and Wales) Regulations 2020.
The 2020 Regulations enable local councils to hold remote meetings (including by video and telephone conferencing) for a specified period until May 2021.
Due to the current government coronavirus response, the Town Council will be meeting online. Members of the public who wish to join the meeting to submit their questions or comments under ‘Public Session’ should contact the Clerk in advance of the meeting via email on email@example.com. The Clerk will then send out the meeting ID and passcode.
Online Meeting Arrangements
The Chairman will host the meeting, attendees will be muted and councillors invited to speak in turn at each agenda item. Councillors may raise their hand to indicate that they wish to speak at other times. Voting will be taken in turn as directed by the Chairman and should be by the response ‘In Favour’, ‘Against’ or ‘Abstain’. The decision and summary of votes will be read back before moving to the next item.
All attendees should try to join the meeting at least 5 minutes prior to the start of the meeting to allow for any connection problems.
Town Clerk & RFO
- Public Session
Members of the public are invited to address the Council on any issue over which it has a power. This session will be limited to 15 minutes (3 minutes per speaker). The Chairman will convene the Town Council meeting after the public session (please note that once the meeting has been convened members of the public are no longer permitted to speak unless invited to do so by the Chairman).
Please Note: By entering the meeting room you are consenting to the use of your name being recorded in the Minutes. The meeting may also be recorded by the press or members of the public. Any person or organisation choosing to film, record or broadcast any meeting of the Council or its committees is responsible for any claims or other liability resulting from them so doing and by choosing to film, record or broadcast proceedings they accept that they are required to indemnify the Council, its members and officers in relation to any such claims or liabilities.
- Apologies – To receive apologies for absence.
- To receive declarations of interest from members and to consider requests for new DPI dispensations.
Members are invited to declare disclosable pecuniary interests and other interests in items on the agenda as required by the Mere Town Council Code of Conduct for Members and by the Localism Act 2011.
(a) To receive Declarations of Interest relating to matters contained in this agenda, in accordance with the provisions of the Local Government Act 1972 in respect of officers and the Localism Act 2011 in respect of members.
(b) To consider any dispensation requests received by the Town Clerk.
- Minutes – to approve the Minutes of the meetings held on Monday, 11th January 2021.
- Matters Arising
- a) Applications: (All applications can be viewed on Wiltshire Council’s website http://planning.wiltshire.gov.uk/Northgate/PlanningExplorer/ApplicationSearch.aspx – and type in the relevant application number)
|Proposed single storey rear extension
|Latimer Coach House, Castle Hill Lane, Mere. BA12 6JB
|Proposed extensions & alterations to existing bungalow to form 4 bedroom 2 storey dwelling
|Shearstone, Southbrook, Mere. BA12 6BG
|Work to Trees in a Conservation Area
|T1 – Bay, Remove 3 rubbing stems, pollard remaining stems at 2m
|Rick Stones, Castle Hill Lane, Mere. BA12 6JB
|Extension to bungalow, construction of a stone wall either side of driveway with new timber gate, re-laying of gravel surfacing to driveway and parking area, completion of garden to include laying of a new patio.
|Cedarstone, Shaftesbury Road Northeast to Limpers Hill, Limpers Hill, Mere. BA12 6BD
|Work to TPO Trees
|Beech tree – reduce low limbs, crown thin canopy by 25% & deadwood to improve wind sail.
|Dewes House, Salisbury Street, Mere. BA12 6HA
- b) Wiltshire Local Plan Review and Gypsy and Travellers Plan
- Reports & Consultations
- a) To receive and consider report from Wiltshire Councillor
- Highways, River, Footpaths, Traffic & Transport
- a) Highways England notification of revised works dates for A303 Deverill’s underpass repairs.
- b) To identify jobs for the Parish Steward, Sparkle Team or MyWiltshire reports
- Buildings, Open Spaces, Play Areas, Sports Grounds, Car Parks, Allotments & Cemeteries
- a) Will we need to re-open ladies and gents public toilet blocks and if not, to consider expenditure on Autolock system for disabled public toilet?
- b) Request to site clothing bank for Wiltshire Air Ambulance in car park.
- Finance, Policy & Resources
*a) To approve and authorise payments as shown in payment schedule attached.
*b) To consider draft policy for memorial seats & benches
- c) To approve expenditure for bunded fuel tank and associated works at workshop compound (see Minutes of Annual Budget meeting held 14.12.20)
*d) Objection to proposal being considered at Wiltshire Council’s cabinet meeting on 2nd February to re-charge Town & parish Councils for election costs.
- e) To consider request to purchase grit bin for the houses in Angel Lane up the steep slope (adjacent to Mere Cemetery)
- General Items, Consultations & Briefing Notes
- Forthcoming meetings/events
- a) Community Area Transport Group meeting on 17th February 2021 between 14.00 and 16.00 on Microsoft Teams
- Future Town Council meetings and to receive requests for agenda items
Note: Members are reminded that the Town Council has a general duty to consider the following matters in the exercise of any of its functions: Equal Opportunities (race, gender, sexual orientation, marital status and any disability), Crime and Disorder, Health and Safety and Human Rights.
*Further information on these items enclosed/attached