Mere Town Council
Town Clerk – Mrs. L. C. Wood
Phone: 01747 860701
29th March 2023
You are summoned to a meeting of Mere Town Council to be held on Monday, 3rd April 2023 at 7.00 pm at Duchy Manor, Springfield Road, Mere, Wiltshire. BA12 6EW. The meeting will consider the items set out below.
Before the meeting there will be a public session to enable the people of Mere to ask questions of, and make comments, regarding the Town Council. Questions not answered at this meeting will be answered in writing to the person asking the question, or may appear as an agenda item for the next meeting. Members of the public are asked to restrict their comments, and/or questions to three minutes.
Please Note: By entering the meeting room you are consenting to the use of your name being recorded in the Minutes. The meeting may also be recorded by the press or members of the public. Any person or organisation choosing to film, record or broadcast any meeting of the Council or its committees is responsible for any claims or other liability resulting from them so doing and by choosing to film, record or broadcast proceedings they accept that they are required to indemnify the Council, its members and officers in relation to any such claims or liabilities.
Any person who may find difficulty in access to the meeting through disability is asked to advise the Clerk by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) at least 24 hours before the meeting so that every effort may be made to provide access.
Town Clerk & RFO
Public Participation Session
Members of the public are invited to address the Council on any issue over which it has a power. This session will be limited to 15 minutes (3 minutes per speaker). The Chairman will convene the Town Council meeting after the public session (please note that once the meeting has been convened members of the public are no longer permitted to speak unless invited to do so by the Chairman).
- Apologies – To receive apologies for absence.
- To receive any declarations of disclosable pecuniary interests and other interests from Councillors on matters to be considered at the meeting.
2.1 To receive declarations of interest from councillors on items on the agenda
2.2 To receive written requests for dispensations for disclosable pecuniary interests (if any)
2.3 To grant any requests for dispensation as appropriate
A request for dispensation must be made on an individual basis
Members are invited to declare disclosable pecuniary interests and other interests in items on the agenda as required by the Mere Town Council Code of Conduct for Members and by the Localism Act 2011. The disclosure must include the nature of the interest. If you become aware, during the course of a meeting, of an interest that has not been disclosed under this item, you must immediately disclose it. Whether you can remain in the meeting and the extent to which you can participate depends on the type of interest you have.
- Minutes – To resolve that the minutes of the Town Council meeting held on 6th March 2023 as a correct record. (attached) For working group to approve Minutes of working group meeting held to review & assess the effectiveness of Internal Control Measures held on Thursday, 23rd March 2023 (attached)
- Matters Arising from Public Session
- Matters Arising from previous Meetings (not covered by other agenda items)
*a) Minute Ref: 276 b) Lease/Licence for Car Club – report from solicitors
*b) Minute Ref: 279 b) LHFIG Issue No: 14-21-10 Mere TC Request for speed limit assessment along Shaftesbury Road – update from residents on contributions.
*c) Minute Ref: 268 b) Extension of Environmental Higher Level Stewardship Scheme for Castle Hill & Long Hill
- Reports & Consultations
- a) Wiltshire Councillors Report
*b) Notification of Revision to boundary of Asset of Community Value – The Butt of Sherry Public House
|Site Location:||The Butt of Sherry Public House, Castle Street, Mere, Warminster, Wiltshire. BA12 6JE|
|Proposal:||Nomination of The Butt of Sherry Public House, Castle Street, Mere as an Asset of Community Value|
*c) Report from Project Co-Ordinator (report attached)
- a) Applications for consultation response:
|Application Type:||Householder planning permission|
|Proposal:||Addition of a single storey extension to the east side of the existing property for the purposes of disabled access. A window in the existing kitchen will be replaced by a door. The extension will be fitted with 900 mm doors and a ramp with a gradient of approximately 1:20. A toilet with disabled access will be included. The extension will be clad in sustainable, ethically sourced Douglas Fir.|
|Site Address:||BAYCROFT, WHITE ROAD, MERE, WARMINSTER, BA12 6EX|
|Planning Register Link:||https://development.wiltshire.gov.uk/pr/s/planning-application/a0i3z000019ABsD|
|Application Type:||Notification of proposed works to trees in a conservation area|
|Proposal:||Fir tree – 25% height reduction|
|Site Address:||MERE COTTAGE, SALISBURY STREET, MERE, WARMINSTER, BA12 6HB|
|Planning Register Link:||https://development.wiltshire.gov.uk/pr/s/planning-application/a0i3z00001AYJt1|
- b) RE: PL/2022/08186 – Extension to existing Gypsy and Traveller site with 10 additional pitches, each pitch to consist of 1 Mobile Home, 1 Touring caravan and parking at Mapperton Hill, Mere.
To inform members of additional information (Access & Visibility Appraisal) submitted by applicant – please see link to planning register: https://development.wiltshire.gov.uk/pr/s/planning-application/a0i3z0000198YxTAAU/pl202208186?tabset-8903c=2
- Highways, Rivers, Footpaths, Traffic & Transport
- a) To identify jobs for the Parish Steward, Sparkle Team and MyWiltshire reports.
*b) Highways Maintenance Schedule 2023 – 2030
- c) Notice of Temporary Closure of: Footpath 60, Mere (30.05.2023)
- d) Notice of Temporary Closure of Water Street (Part), Mere (30.5.23 – 2.6.23)
- e) Highway Improvement Request Form – 3 replacement street name plates for submission to LHFIG
*f) Report on Mere Rivers Group meeting held on Thursday, 16th March
- Buildings, Open Spaces, Play Areas, Sports Grounds, Car Parks, Allotments & Cemeteries
*a) Request to use old swimming pool site for pétanque
*b) Public Toilets – to consider permanent closure of public toilets during the night in view of the level of vandalism that has occurred in recent months.
*c) Yew Trees in Cemetery
- Finance, Policy & Resources
*a) Payments – To review and authorise schedule of payments (attached)
*b) To adopt recommendations of working group as outlined in Minutes of Working group meeting held to review & assess the effectiveness of Internal Control Measures held on Thursday, 23rd March 2023 (attached) and to approve and sign the Statement of Internal Control 2023 (attached).
*c) Actions from Interim Internal Audit Report
- ii) Specialist advice on requirement for VAT Registration
- d)Mowers – Quotations to purchase one or two new ride-on mowers. (This is a different mower/price to that which was discussed last month).
*e) To report on Allotment rent audit
*f) 2021/22 Annual Governance & Accountability Return external auditor instructions
*g) CCTV – report on meeting with officer from Warminster Town Council relating to CCTV – deferred as it was too late to discuss properly
- General Items
- a) National Emergency Alerts System & Toolkit this link.
*b) Briefing Note 23-06 – Wiltshire School Places Strategy 2023-2027 (Briefing Note attached)
*c) Briefing Note No. 23-08 – Reforms to National Planning Policy
*d) Briefing Note 23-07 Government Energy Support Schemes-Update
- Future meetings and events
- a) Kings Coronation – events and preparations (Church Service, Bunting, North Road Allotments Big Lunch)
*b) Annual Town Meeting to be held on Wednesday, 26th April 2023 at the Mere URC– agenda items
- c) NALC online event – Fighting Climate Change with Local Council Action – 24th May 2023 12:00 – 13.15 – registration cost for NALC members is from £39.22
- d) Great Big Green Week – see: https://greatbiggreenweek.com/
- Future agenda items
NB – Please note that the next Town Council meeting will be the Annual Town Council meeting and will be held on 15th May 2022
Note: Members are reminded that the Town Council has a general duty to consider the following matters in the exercise of any of its functions: Equal Opportunities (race, gender, sexual orientation, marital status and any disability), Crime and Disorder, Health and Safety and Human Rights.
*Further information on these items enclosed/attached
MERE PEACE MEMORIAL SPORTS AND RECREATION GROUND
Registered Charity No. 1093497
For Trustees to consider the following:
Wiltshire Council (National Non-Domestic Rates for Recreation Ground) 0.00
Water2Business (standing charge only for water supply to old cricket pavilion) £14.92