Mere Town Council
Town Clerk – Mrs. L. C. Wood
2nd November 2022
You are summoned to a meeting of Mere Town Council on Monday, 7th November 2022 at 7.00 pm at Duchy Manor, Springfield Road, Mere, Wiltshire. BA12 6EW. The meeting will consider the items set out below.
Before the meeting there will be a public session to enable the people of Mere to ask questions of, and make comments, regarding the Town Council. Questions not answered at this meeting will be answered in writing to the person asking the question, or may appear as an agenda item for the next meeting. Members of the public are asked to restrict their comments, and/or questions to three minutes.
Please Note: By entering the meeting room you are consenting to the use of your name being recorded in the Minutes. The meeting may also be recorded by the press or members of the public. Any person or organisation choosing to film, record or broadcast any meeting of the Council or its committees is responsible for any claims or other liability resulting from them so doing and by choosing to film, record or broadcast proceedings they accept that they are required to indemnify the Council, its members and officers in relation to any such claims or liabilities.
Any person who may find difficulty in access to the meeting through disability is asked to advise the Clerk by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) at least 24 hours before the meeting so that every effort may be made to provide access.
Town Clerk & RFO
Public Participation Session
Members of the public are invited to address the Council on any issue over which it has a power. This session will be limited to 15 minutes (3 minutes per speaker). The Chairman will convene the Town Council meeting after the public session (please note that once the meeting has been convened members of the public are no longer permitted to speak unless invited to do so by the Chairman).
- Apologies – To receive apologies for absence.
- To receive any declarations of disclosable pecuniary interests and other interests from Councillors on matters to be considered at the meeting.
2.1 To receive declarations of interest from councillors on items on the agenda
2.2 To receive written requests for dispensations for disclosable pecuniary interests (if any)
2.3 To grant any requests for dispensation as appropriate
A request for dispensation must be made on an individual basis
Members are invited to declare disclosable pecuniary interests and other interests in items on the agenda as required by the Mere Town Council Code of Conduct for Members and by the Localism Act 2011. The disclosure must include the nature of the interest. If you become aware, during the course of a meeting, of an interest that has not been disclosed under this item, you must immediately disclose it. Whether you can remain in the meeting and the extent to which you can participate depends on the type of interest you have.
- Minutes – To resolve that the minutes of the Town Council meeting held on Monday, 3rd October 2022 be approved as a correct record. (attached)
- Matters Arising from Public Session
- a) Parking issues at Bramley Hill/Kingsmere junction and update on meeting with Bramley House Manager – Cllr. Jeans
- b) Highway & Access issues relating to sale of plots and developments at The Old Nurseries, Burton.
- c) Traffic issues at junction of Manor Road/The Square
- Matters Arising from previous Meetings
- a) Wiltshire Towns Programme
*b) Warm Spaces Scheme (Minute No. 204C)
*c) Report from Mere Town Council’s Project Co-Ordinator
*d)Leases for Car Parks & Public Toilets
- e) Leases for Car Club
- Reports & Consultations
- a) Wiltshire Councillors Report
- a) Applications for consultation response:
|Application Type:||Lawful development: Existing use|
|Proposal:||Certificate of lawfulness for erection of wall and brick piers to front of the property|
|Site Address:||Wet Lane Farm, Wet Lane, Mere, Warminster, Wilts, BA12 6BA|
|Planning Register Link:||https://development.wiltshire.gov.uk/pr/s/planning-application/a0i3z00001981Ly
|Application Type:||Notification of proposed works to trees in a conservation area|
|Proposal:||T1 – Cornus tree – 3m crown reduction|
|Site Address:||SPENNITHORNE COTTAGE, WATER STREET, MERE, WARMINSTER, BA12 6DY|
|Planning Register Link:||https://development.wiltshire.gov.uk/pr/s/planning-application/a0i3z0000198YTj
|Application Type:||Householder planning permission|
|Site Address:||30 NORTH ROAD, MERE, WARMINSTER, BA12 6HQ|
|Planning Register Link:|| https://development.wiltshire.gov.uk/pr/s/planning-application/a0i3z0000198KUQ
- Highways, Rivers, Footpaths, Traffic & Transport
- a) To identify jobs for the Parish Steward, Sparkle Team and MyWiltshire reports.
*b) Highway Improvement Request Form received from Mr. Nicholas Gosse: To prohibit HGVs and large agricultural equipment from using Pettridge Lane and to add a prioritised single lane passing area with safe pedestrian crossing at Edgebridge.
*c) Mere Rivers Group – update on Mere streams – Mr. Ian Sheppard
- d) Report on meetings held by Parking Working Group
- Buildings, Open Spaces, Play Areas, Sports Grounds, Car Parks, Allotments & Cemeteries
*a) To consider consultation and amendments to policy for parking at Wellhead Allotments car park in view of the size of vans now being parked therein.
- b) Report on Annual RoSPA Play Area Inspection Report
- Finance, Policy & Resources
*a) Payments – To review and authorise schedule of payments (attached)
- b) To sign off latest bank reconciliation
*c) Completion of the limited assurance review (external audit) for the year ended 31 March 2022
- General Items
- a) Gigaclear – Broadband network build update
- Briefing Notes
*Wiltshire Council’s Briefing Note No. 22-20 – Substantive Highways Scheme Fund Bid Application Process for Funding in 2023/24
- Future meetings and events
- a) Mere Remembrance – Sunday, 13th November
- b) South West Wiltshire Health and Wellbeing Group. Monday 21st November, 2pm-3.30pm at the Enterprise Veterans Hub, Erskine House, Buckeridge Rd, Wilton, SP2 0FX.
- c) Flood Warden Training Day 23.11.22 – Guildhall, Salisbury
- d) Community Safety Partnership & SW Wiltshire LHFIG meeting, Wednesday, 30th November, 14:00 – 16:30 at Nadder Centre, Tisbury.
- Future agenda items
Note: Members are reminded that the Town Council has a general duty to consider the following matters in the exercise of any of its functions: Equal Opportunities (race, gender, sexual orientation, marital status and any disability), Crime and Disorder, Health and Safety and Human Rights.
*Further information on these items enclosed/attached